Canada is dedicated to a complete and world response to the pandemic and is working to make sure that international locations internationally have entry to COVID-19 vaccines by means of our investments within the COVID-19 Vaccine International Entry (COVAX) Facility and the donation of surplus vaccine doses.
Canada’s worldwide vaccine donations
The Authorities of Canada has put in place contracts for the provides required to manage almost 75 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines, together with syringes, needles and gauze. To this point, we’ve got acquired all provides.
Canada has ordered 286.9 million syringes of various sizes to accommodate a variety of necessities within the administration of vaccines. This consists of 196.7 million 1-millilitre syringes, of which 180.8 million are low-dead-volume syringes and 14.5 million are extremely low-dead-volume syringes. Canada has additionally ordered 81 million low-dead-volume needles. We anticipate having enough provide of syringes to manage pediatric doses.
Freezers and dry ice
Given the complexity of vaccine distribution, together with the necessity to transport and retailer vaccines at particular temperatures, PSPC has additionally procured different items and providers required to assist the distribution of vaccines to everybody in Canada.
Freezers and fridges
The Authorities of Canada has bought 616 freezers and 100 fridges.
PSPC, on behalf of PHAC, has awarded contracts for the acquisition of:
- 405 freezers at -80 levels Celsius
- 100 freezers at -20 levels Celsius
- 111 fridge/freezer combos at -20 levels Celsius
- 100 fridges
The Authorities of Canada has awarded standing affords for the nationwide supply of tens of hundreds of kilograms of dry ice weekly, on an as-needed foundation to 10 Canadian corporations:
- ATES Medical, positioned in Quebec, with nationwide supply capability
- Biogivre Inc., positioned in Quebec, with nationwide supply capability
- Calgary Dry Ice, positioned in Alberta, delivering to southern Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia
- Camelyon Group, positioned in Ontario, with nationwide supply capability
- Co2blast Ltd., positioned in Alberta, delivering to Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia
- Dry Ice & Gases Co., positioned in Ontario, delivering to Quebec, Ontario and Manitoba
- Fraser Valley Dry Ice Inc., positioned in British Columbia, with nationwide supply capability
- ICE-ASAP, positioned in Ontario, delivering to southern Ontario
- Praxair Canada Inc., positioned in Ontario, with nationwide supply capability
- VitalAire Canada Inc., positioned in Ontario, with nationwide supply capability
The provinces and territories are capable of situation call-ups towards these affords straight, to satisfy rapid wants at once.
Nationwide vaccine administration info expertise platform
On behalf of PHAC, PSPC contracted a service supplier to construct additional performance into PHAC’s current operational and well-developed surveillance and protection info expertise (IT) programs, to assist handle vaccine rollout, administration and reporting as the quantity of deliveries will increase. Requests for Proposals have been issued on to certified suppliers on December 12, 2020, and a contract was awarded to Deloitte Inc.. with a worth of $16,138,945.90, taxes included, on January 7, 2021.
- Authorities of Canada receives first shipments of pediatric vaccine doses (November 23, 2021)
- Canada broadcasts accelerated supply of COVID-19 pediatric vaccine pending regulatory authorization (October 21, 2021)
- Authorities of Canada releases COVID-19 vaccine procurement contracts (June 14, 2021)
- Canada to obtain 2 million doses of AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by the Serum Institute of India (February 26, 2021)
- Authorities of Canada awards contract to distribute COVID-19 vaccine from coast to coast to coast (December 7, 2020)
- AstraZeneca: New agreements to safe extra vaccine candidates for COVID-19 (September 25, 2020)
- Sanofi and GlaxoSmithKline: Authorities of Canada indicators new settlement to safe extra vaccine candidate and therapy for COVID-19(September 22, 2020)
- Medicago: Prime Minister broadcasts funding to advance the event of Canadian COVID-19 vaccine applied sciences(October 23, 2020)
- Johnson & Johnson and Novavax: New measures to make sure the availability of future vaccines and therapies towards COVID-19 (August 31, 2020)
- Pfizer and Moderna: Authorities of Canada broadcasts main steps in treating and stopping COVID-19 by means of vaccines and therapies (August 5, 2020)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Process Pressure
- COVID-19 Vaccine International Entry Facility
- Regulating vaccines for human use in Canada
Where to buy in canada in october for your needs? You are at the right place. We recognize that amidst so many choices in the market, it can be perplexing and confusing to make the right pick.
Matching search results: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-services-procurement/services/procuring-vaccines-covid19.html