We hope that by offering you with this calendar, it is possible for you to to plan your fishing journey at Ballard’s in response to your most popular fishing technique. Ballard’s gives one of the best in lodging in addition to 12 months spherical fishing companies.
Location… Location… Location… Put your self on the mouth of the Wet River and make the most of the publish spawn walleye run. Walleyes are popping out of the river and heading again to the primary lake. Beginning with the mid-Could opener, anticipate finding easy-to-catch walleyes within the confines of the Wet River or alongside the channel that empties into Lake of the Woods.
- Convey your individual boat or take a guided journey.
- Reside bait fishing with jigs and minnows is the norm…
- Usually you throw an anchor, sit tight, watch for the walleyes to maneuver by way of, and tick tick tick vertical jig the mushy backside.
- Anticipate regular motion on walleyes when publish spawn is going on. Primarily male walleye will dominate the catch, along with your occasional trophy fish being blended into the equation.
- Spring fishing can supply a superb alternative for a trophy class feminine. A lot is determined by date of “ice out” (early / late).
- Guided Walleye Fishing Packages embrace: lodging in housekeeping cabins, fishing 8:00 a.m. to five:00 p.m. with Coast Guard licensed information, angling tools, bait, sort out, on-board restroom, and fish packaging
Early June marks the onset of shoreline exercise in the primary lake and is among the best occasions of the 12 months for walleye. Because the month progresses you’ll fish additional into the walleye flats of Massive Traverse Bay, and presumably combine within the occasional island level, or near-shore rock rubble reef.
- June is a particular numbers sport… And because the climate heats up… So do the walleyes!
- That is THE season whenever you hear of information boats catching 100-200-300 walleyes in a single day!
- Years in the past we’d have mentioned “go to the shallow shorelines” and drift spinner harnesses with night time crawlers or minnows. That is now not the case. Go to the flats. Fish deep. Anchor and vertical jig.
- The tendency these previous few seasons, for no matter purpose (most certainly meals supply), is for the higher concentrations of walleyes emigrate deeper sooner. We’re speaking 30-35ft depths in entrance of Lighthouse, Morris, Zippel. These are main staging areas inside shut proximity to Ballard’s Resort.
- Our guided constitution boat service provides you the benefit of high quality angling in luxurious. Fish with the realm’s most skilled guides and benefit from the day in consolation. The ever fashionable shore lunch is a superb plan to finish an ideal day!
Hotter water temperatures transfer walleyes additional off-shore to the deeper mid-lake mud flats and rock reefs. That is TROPHY time on Lake of the Woods! Repeat… That is TROPHY time on Lake of the Woods! Heat climate makes BIG FISH chunk!
- Mid-summer requires HOT walleye fishing. We see extra fish & extra trophy class fish throughout this two month span, than every other timeframe all through the summer time season.
- Our most POPULAR strategies… Hook-n-line fishing over rock reefs… Utilizing backside bouncers / spinner harnesses / night time crawlers. Or anchoring and jigging deep edges of islands and or deep reefs… Then once more, it could be again to the mud flats. Walleyes could be discovered anyplace and in every single place throughout mid-summer!
- For those who like to put a pole in your palms and jig fish, and also you’re searching for one of the thrilling alternatives in walleye fishing, then July and August are your occasions to go to.
- Guided Constitution Boat Excursions are fashionable as a result of we put you on the fish! We use 27’ Sportcrafts, geared up with all the required fishing tools, rods, reels, bait, sort out, cutting-edge electronics, and on-board restroom services.
- Our Coast Guard licensed guides fish the lake year-round and supply the skilled service that guarantee you of a top quality angling journey.
- Once more, that is historically thought of our best trophy season. Catch a ten pound walleye!
September is a transition interval. Relying on water temperatures, fish can stay in mid-summer patterns or start fall habits. An incredible month to offer chase…
- The late summer time days of early September supply glorious alternatives for constant walleye fishing. Usually you may maintain tight to construction and discover strong numbers, which means bigger faculties of actively feeding fish.
- You might discover a number of strategies produce walleyes. Drifting spinners… Jigging the flats… Anchoring the mud… Walleyes are typically shifting with the bait and transitioning to extra predictable fall areas.
- September is a superb time to go to. Little or no fishing strain on the lake. Usually a migration of exercise starting to happen nearer to the south shore basin.
- Later into the month, the final week or so, you’ll historically start to see walleyes staging for his or her fall migration upstream. A lot of this “unpredictability” is determined by water temperatures, climate patterns, and meals supply. The previous couple years one of the best fishing appears to carry, for essentially the most half, in areas much like mid-June. Near the south shore, however staying comparatively deep, and the fish have had a bent to withhold from truly “going shallow” or shifting into the bay / river areas.
- September is most notable for our ever fashionable “Fall Basic” guided fishing packages! A protracted standing custom at Ballard’s Resort.
Make your reservations early! Falling temperatures throughout the month of October put walleyes on the transfer—and which means trophy time, proper at our doorstep! Cool mornings… Afternoon heat ups… Cool evenings… Even the fish know that our seasons are altering!
- Walleyes observe baitfish out of the lake and into the confines of the Wet River. Some years this may occasionally take fish on a journey of forty to fifty miles up-stream! That’s a swim! It’s the same sample to what we see in spring with the annual “spawn run”.
- In comparison with April, the general numbers are normally much less concentrated. There’s a probability at a trophy within the river, however these days your odds appear higher for those who focus extra effort in the primary basin.
- Vertical jigging whereas anchoring is a profitable technique for fall fishing. You anchor up… Placed on an emerald shiner minnow… Control the sonar… And watch for the fish to maneuver by way of in intermittent waves. Fairly enjoyable!
- For sure that is one other fashionable “trophy season”. A time to chase monster walleyes on Lake of the Woods.
- Ice up typically takes place someday early to Mid-November.
Through the winter months of December and January, the most popular motion within the Midwest is guided winter angling. Keep in cozy cabins, experience out to pick fishing spots in toasty observe automobiles, and fish in heated angling homes. Catches embrace walleye, sauger, and the occasional perch.
- First-ice walleyes begin shallow close to the shorelines and finally transfer deeper because the season progresses.
- Early morning, mid-day, and late afternoon are best.
- Walleyes are situated close to channel areas and deeper mud flats. As for saugers, anticipate larger numbers and extra constant motion all through the day.
Through the winter months of February and March, we roam over miles of Massive Traverse Bay, persevering with our seek for walleyes & saugers. Our fish homes are among the many finest on the lake! And our guides are second to none…
Right here at Ballard’s Resort we’ve got taken the winter fishing business to a brand new degree. Our dedication to service is complimented by the nice delight we’ve got in our potential to “observe fish”, transfer our fleet, stick with the extra energetic faculties of fish, and see to it that you’ve one of the best expertise doable on Lake of the Woods.
- The previous few seasons we’ve got spent most of our effort fishing construction within the northern stretches of Massive Traverse Bay.
- Deep shoals, island factors, flats adjoining to the reefs… All are good touchdown areas for potential feeding fish.
- Proceed primary jigging strategies over mud flats or close to rock reefs.
- Saugers stand out as essentially the most energetic and sought-after species.
- Late winter walleyes return to the shallows and put together for the spring run.
April showers convey Could flowers!
- Fish homes should be faraway from the lake by April 1st.
- Spring ice out finds fishermen in boats chasing TROPHY walleye within the confines of the Wet River.
- The motion typically begins east of Baudette and progresses extra towards the resort as river ice continues to vanish.
- Spring run-off can have an impact, as water readability within the river is a significant contributor on the subject of a profitable walleye chunk.
- Walleye season closes on April 14th.
- Prepare for summer time fishing!
Best ice fishing line for lake of the woods ranked by customer satisfaction.